Fighting for Flight - J.B. Salsbury First off - New Adult book - NO CLIFFHANGER!! Thank you!!

I am conflicted on this one.

I liked the blurb. Hot MMA fighter hooking up with a underworld kingpin's daughter - has all the markings of some good angsty fun.

WEEEEELLL....The hot MMA fighter part was great. Jonah is a swoon worthy alpha hero. I loved the scenes in the training gym with him and his buddies talking trash. I loved that he was tender and sweet with the heroine.

Here's where it gets tricky. The heroine, Raven, is a mechanic. I think this is super awesome because I love when women excel in a traditionally male dominated area. She meets up with Jonah because she is a car geek and restores old ones. Sparks fly. Everything is good.

Enter the Raven's father.

Now I can suspend belief with the best of them if the author gives me enough to make me believe that their world works. What Raven's father tries to attempt I can't even believe. A case of deus ex machina.

The story does have a HEA and no cliffhanger and for that I am grateful. I did like the author's voice, so I'll be looking at reviews for the next one.